Windows Protection & Installing Windows 7 Themes on Windows XP
The recent hacking of the Sony networks has caused a lot of alarm in the industry. A lot of personal data was stolen and led to a huge investment by Sony in further security measures. Now, are you worried at home? Are you terrified that someone might hack into your system with millions of viruses? Do you want to protect your system? Well, it’s about time you realized that! So, don’t worry Windows support is here. Windows support providers recommend setting up your Windows firewall to protect your system more against these attacks. Windows support providers outline the following steps to ensure this process:
Windows 7 System Security Settings
- Navigate to your computer’s Control Panel located in the Start Menu. Double-click on the “Windows Firewall” icon to open a new window. The Windows Firewall icon is represented by theWindows Support image of a brick wall with the planet Earth behind it.
- Ensure that the Windows Firewall is switched on. If your firewall is not switched on, your computer is susceptible to incoming viruses, Trojan horses and malicious files. Click the “On (recommended)” button to turn on your firewall. This comes recommended by most Windows support providers.
- Click the “Exceptions” tab at the top of the Windows Firewall window. You are still allowing certain programs and applications to download and transfer packages through your PC although your firewall is running. Click the “Exceptions” tab.
- Un-tick some of the programs that are likely to contain or traffic malicious files. For example, P2P file-sharing programs such as Limewire, Ares and UTorrent are not fully regulated or checked for viruses. Windows support recommends that you check these.
- Update your firewall with a Windows Service Pack. Microsoft is constantly updating the firewall software of its operating systems and this means that any new or previously-unknown malware will now be recognized and prevented from accessing your PC. Your computer will let you know and warn you when these new malicious files try to access your computer.
- You can access all of Windows’ Service Packs on their Help and Support page. They support packs from Windows NT 4.0 all the way through to Windows Vista and 7. The installation instructions are very straightforward but usually require your computer to be restarted.
Windows support will ensure you are safe from malicious attacks. Windows support providers and their help will minimize the chances of a hacking. The Windows support providers normally provide their services for minimal charges and the Windows support provided is really good. Now tell Sony to use Windows support!
Windows support for installing Windows 7 Themes on Windows XP
Don’t be jealous of your friends who use Windows 7. Don’t run off to get a new operating system or PC just so you can have the look and feel of Windows 7. Maybe you like the toolbar, tray icons or the quick launch buttons. Well guess what, Windows support says that you can have all of them on your XP computer FOR FREE!!!… There are a few other different themes and special visual treats that you can grab.
Why don’t you download and install the Windows 7 theme pack?
Before you can use these themes on your Windows XP computer, you will need to change the file format and overwrite the theme files using a format given by the Windows support team. Windows support says that the programming code for Windows 7 theme packs cannot be understood by previous versions of the Windows operating system.
Windows support to download and install the theme pack
Like we said before, the code for these theme packs cannot be understood by earlier versions of the Windows, but fortunately for you, you have Windows support to take care of it. Windows support says that you can download the Windows 7 themes for XP using the Windows installer.
Choose the background you like: Windows support says that you choose your style and go along with it by simply right clicking on the desktop and clicking on “Personalize”. Now, choose “Desktop background” and select the picture you would like to set as your wallpaper. Then click “OK”.
Change the desktop and system icons accordingly: Windows support enables you to change the themes as you wish. Choose a blank area on your desktop, then right-click on it. Press the option “Personalize,” and then click “Change Desktop Icons” from the drop-down menu list. Select the option that you want to use. Click “Change Icons,” and locate the file path where the new icons for the Windows 7 theme are backed up on your PC. Select an icon that you want to implement.
And that’s how simple it is to get the look and feel of Windows 7 on your boring XP system, all thanks to Windows support.